Saturday, October 27, 2007

First things first!

Home Income Partners


Choose carefully “How to build your Website”

Any company can offer you a site-builder, Web hosting, and scads of complicated add-ons at ever-increasing "premium package" prices. Yes, your site could be up in 24 hours. But months later, that is all you would have. No visitors, no business, no chance.

When I started my searches on “How to build a Website” I wrote to a very reputable company (whose name I won’t mention) for obvious reasons, for a quotation on how to get started.
Three days later a sales representative of this company called me at home and offered to build me a website which he claimed, would be fully “Search Engine Optimized”, this website would have it all.

According to the sales-person, this would be like buying a “Top of the line motor vehicle” fully loaded with all the features. Just set the cruise control and leave her on auto pilot.

Great! Fantastic; I thought, so tell me “Dude” trying to sound as friendly as possible... What’s the price tag of such a wonderful Website? Only $10,000.00 he replied…Huh!! Is that United States dollars man? No more “Dude” for you.

My hopes were shattered, all the dreams I had of building a successful website, suddenly “flew out the window”.

Luckily for me, at the time I was not totally naive to domain name registrations and hosting cost; so this seemed “way over” the price I had in mind, based upon all the researches I had done.

A few good companies came to mind… Go Daddy.com and Dotster.com that offers a full domain name website design (website templates) and hosting for under a $100 USD per month; in some cases you could pay a one time setup cost for the design of the website, which could run you anywhere between $200 - $700; still this seemed a whole lot better than paying $10g’s.


Home Income Partners

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).